Thursday, May 13, 2010

suckage.



oh hi. how was your day today? Wanna know how mine was? Well here you go. 




  • Wake up at 7:30 forcefully. I just felt tired and didn't want to get up. Also, my throat was uber sore. {I've been sick for about a month and my throat could possibly be satan.}
  • Go to the Doctor's. I have an amazing Doctor, her name is Gillian. I always think of Gilligan's Island...
  • Get tested for everything in the book. Strep culture, awkward pushing of the stomach, pressing hard on my throat glands everything. 
side note: Madison hates needles. With a passion. However I gave plasma every week, I don't know. But I hate them Hate hate hate.
  • Get tested for mono. For the second time in a month. And yes, I cried like a little child again. And the lady wasn't very nice, and she poked around for a looong time in my arm. Then since she couldn't find anything, she poked the other forearm...which freaked me out to begin with. Yet again, she didn't find anything.
  • Go to another lab technician downstairs. She was nice, I didn't cry and she found it with the first poke.
  • Go home, sleep.
  • Wake back up, go to the ENT. Remember the old doctor on Scrubs? How he was just grumpy and scary and mean all the time? Yes. this man was him. Except he was even worse. As my dad says "He had the table-side manors of a brick"
  • Get poked some more
  • Then he has the nerve to tell me he's going to take a needle and stick it in my tonsil because I have tonsillitis. And he's going to suck out some stuff in it. 
Are you kidding me!?

  •  start freaking out...kind of like this:
  • the old man gets impatient and gives up. Resulting in his telling my dad I need to grow up because I'm nineteen and he shouldn't be dealing with this. Annnd that the only thing left to do is surgery. Tonight.
  • freak out some more
  • go into the hall with my parents and think through the whole situation
  • gather all my courage, go back in and sit through an extremely long 20 seconds while the old hag stuck a needle in my tonsil {which BTW, the needle was long. I mean...some needles I can handle. But this bad boy? REALLY?!}
  • Finish, go home and watched an episode of Glee....I guess that's not so bad. 
So how was your day??


1 comment:

  1. dude. DUUUUUUUUDE! total suckage.
    i'm sorry your needle man was terrible =/
    you can take comfort in the fact that i have to go to the gynocologist soonish..... BAH.
    also i love you. the end.

    ReplyDelete