{mormons everywhere on the count of three-scream!!}
I now work at a delightful little cafe called Paradise.
It might be just that. I get to wear jeans or spandex or a skirt or shorts and any shirt. As long as it's not too rocker. Oh! And we can't wear open toed shoes. or have our hair down...but that's not too bad either.
and when customers come in the door? we say
"welcome to paradise."
and we mean it. Because our breakfasts are amazing. And the salads? I eat the caesar on my lunch break every time. so dang good. and I'm sure the rest is delicious. Oh yes. and those cookies. Baked fresh and always the perfect amount of doughy-ness and crunch...ness...
And here is confession time.
The thing that makes me happier than anything else right now:
Today I worked the opener shift. And I worked with a few gay guys to begin the day. I've never laughed so hard at work. Finn Hudson from Glee? I work with the gay version of him. Honestly, they look the exact same. We made egg omelets while no one was in and sat in the corner talking about the last episode of the Hill's and oh my goodness what is she wearing? from our customers. Srsly. Older Oregonians really dress...well...
Confession two: I am forever in love with the small fact that I am now well rehearsed in coffee lingo. I could tell you what a dry non-fat chocolate cappuccino was. Or an Americano Espresso with an extra shot and a little whip.
And making the coffee? Is awesome. Like so so so much fun. I am addicted to cleaning out the little shot scoops and whipping the milk. bah. so. much. fun.
Eat it. I sell bras and panties as well as coffee. ha.

No comments:
Post a Comment