Yes. it's happened..
after a weekend of watching all the old episodes, I unfortunately have become one.
a gleek.
seriously. How embarrassing is it that I fawn over characters and buy their itunes music minutes after an episode. I mean, really.
But there is a point to my "coming out" on this obsession. Today I was re-watching the "Madonna" Episode.
Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short
wear shirts and boots 'cause it's ok to be a boy
But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading
cause you think that being a girl is degrading.
Go Madonna. I've never thought of it that way...but why is it that it's totally normal for me to go find clothes in the boys section...and you never see boys in the girls? Sure, not that crazy pink and flowery stuff...but how come boys don't? What the heck.
and then I remembered this:
You [women] were not created to be the same as men. Your natural attributes, affections, and personalities are entirely different from a man’s. They consist of faithfulness, benevolence, kindness, and charity. They give you the personality of a woman. They also balance the more aggressive and competitive nature of a man. The business world is competitive and sometimes ruthless. We do not doubt that women have both the brainpower and skills—and in some instances superior abilities—to compete with men. But by competing they must, of necessity, become aggressive and competitive. Thus their godly attributes are diminished and they acquire a quality of sameness with man
-Ezra Taft Benson
So in light of that, I've realized something. Boys like saying the f bomb. YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE HEARD IT TODAY. but listen up world: I AM SICK OF IT.
a real gentleman doesn't say the f word. Sure. say it on poker night when you're out with your guys and you aren't heard by any women and no children under 18 are present. But if I'm talking to you or you're mad and video blogging on youtube? I don't want to hear it. please stop? kthanx.

No comments:
Post a Comment