Tuesday, October 04, 2011

change


We moved when I was eight. 
Okay we moved about two miles and to a bigger house, but we still had to move. 
I remember crying, lots and lots of tears because our new house went to a new school. The unknown was what I was afraid of. Not knowing where the bathrooms were or what teachers had stashes of candy. 

After that however, I began to love change. 
....not that fast though. When senior year rolled around and all my friends left there was yet another tearful moment but college? I thrive on change. This is the first semester in college that I haven't moved at least bedrooms. Haven't had all new roommates. Haven't lived in a completely different area. And it's comfortable. Because I feel established and I have these wonderful friends who already know everything about me. And we have this friendship that's easy and we all connect in this perfect way. 

Fall is coming. It rained spurts yesterday and today off and on. I can feel the leaves changing colors and my wardrobe shifting. Fall in Rexburg is short lived. Before long, the snow swarms and we're stuck trekking to classes in snow boots and unrecognizable in all the snow gear. And before long, this semester will end, I will pack my things and leave Rexburg for a very, very, long time.

And my comfortable, easy made friends will have moved on. Some might even be married...maybe even to each other?! And this school I love will have new people, young people. 
I think this is the one thing I struggled the most with when deciding to go on a mission. That nothing will be the same after this semester. Even within this semester things are changing. 

Yet I find that when things change is when I realize who I really am. So I'll accept this change with open arms... and maybe a few tears. 




mad

No comments:

Post a Comment