One time I asked a boy if he wanted to go ride bikes with me.
You know, just for fun?
He said he'd rather play his video games.
Now I am not one to have a check off list of qualities my future husband should have, but I am one to have deal breakers. Actually, I have just one deal breaker:
He needs to love me more than those video games.
I am all for man dates or bro-time or whatever they call it where they order pizza and play the games for hours and hours all together. Knock yourselves out fellas.
However, if you are all by yourself and you just feel like playing for hours and hours just because well, you like doing that with your time?
You are not the one for me.
I hate to call boys out on this but Blackwill....those boys love their video games.
And I'll be honest, they are very good about making sure they don't play ALL weekend long but for real?
One time we went over to their house at 5pm and they all hadn't seen the light of day.
Keep in mind it was a beautiful warm day (and those are hard to come by in Rexburg, Idaho.)
Now I'm not saying they are the only boys with this problem. I think most boys have a slight addiction to the blue screens. I overheard a woman that went to the zoo with her children and brother (without her husband) because he would rather play the video games and wind down from work that way.
My Uncle's job is to create video games. The last time I talked to him he told me that the number one cause of divorce is pornography, and the second is video games. Whether it's true or not, I'd believe it.
I guess all I'm saying is...
Dear Future Husband,
You can play your xbox or playstation or whatev every once and a while.
But if I wanna go ride bikes or take the kids to the zoo?
You best be willing to go too.
mad

AAAAAAAAAAAMEN.
ReplyDeleteAnd on the 7th day, God created the Remington bow action rifle so we could should the dinosaurs. and the homosec-tials (WHO PLAY VIDEO GAMES ALL DAY.)
This is super unrelated, but I am ecstatic that my button made it onto your blog. And honored. Thank you!
ReplyDelete