So yes, I applied.
It's a BYU school and cheap. why not?
Well that was last fall. I really wanted to go to Utah State to be honest. And then when I got a scholarship for a Mormon Liberal Arts College in Virginia, I seriously considered that. Yes, I got into Idaho, but I didn't even think twice about it! In March I went on a road trip with my best friend, Abbie. We saw BYU-I, Utah State and BYU. I went to BYU-I on a boring, Monday-Tuesday right before finals week. Then Utah State mid-week in which we partied, and then BYU for the weekend. And that's probably how I would rank them. Well except Utah State probably was a lot better than BYU. Let's just be honest here.
Well after that I went back home and could not decide where to go. A long struggle later, (No acceptance to the WUE at Utah State and Virginia was just too expensive). I decided BYU-I. It's super affordable, no one from my ward was going there that year and I just felt it was the best place to go.
SO LATELY. I've realized each time I go down to BYU, I get bombarded by really stupid questions.
So how many people do you know have sex?
Do people really get kicked out for smoking?
Wow, BYU-I? Is it like...super pathetic?
Oh yeah, the inferior school....
LR Provo? LR?!
It's starting to get to me and then I had Scripture Studies with Brother Riggens tonight.
Nobody wants to come here, but once you're here, you don't want to leave.And that's when it hit me. Yeah, you're right Provo. No one wants to end up here. Srlsy, who would want to walk around in frigid weather where it's like -30? But "the Spirit of Ricks" is real. No, I beg to differ with all the people that say it's the Spirit of God. Rather, it's the Spirit of happy people that aren't all arguing about how awesome they are. Dan Bohman said it beautifully-
This is my theory. You take all the Mormon kids throughout all the High Schools in America and line them up by very best to worst. Grades, Extra Curricular's, Service...and then you take the best 5% and put them in a school together. What are you going to get? Unhealthy competition.Yes, there are some fabulous people in in Provo. I have a few friends there. They're awesome. But as a whole? It's just...too much. Idaho feels so much more fun loving and happy. Everyone is very open and will talk to each other while walking around. And no, I don't know anyone who smokes or drinks here. Yeah, there probably are some. But not anymore than you would get in Provo.
My Point? that in reality, neither school is better than the other. I don't think anyone here at Idaho is thinking we're better. Just more like, please stop asking stupid questions. We're all Mormon here too, it might be a lower grade you need and you don't have to keel over in high school doing a ton of extra curricular's but it's the same. And I'm sick of all the negative comments towards it. If you've never gone here, you have no place to judge.
agreeeeeeed.
ReplyDeleteDude, I'm in love with you. Amen sister.
ReplyDelete