Tuesday, April 24, 2012

TUESDAY, April 24, 2012

Hey Family!

I will write later tonight but I figured while I am stuck sitting here with the Elders, I'll write a little now.

1. My electronic visa came on Tuesday (April 17), they have an intercom system that goes into your classroom and i walked to the travel building and signed the papers. after you're in the MTC the visas can vary anywhere from 1-9 weeks. an elder filled his electronic out 2 weeks ago and he leaves this morning. On that note: if and when i get my visa, i call home for 5 minutes just to tell you i have it. when should i call and you will pick up? what number? if you don't pick up i can't call back...so think long and hard! visas come on Wednesday and Thursdays. i would be calling probably Thursday or Friday night just to tell you i have it and i would fly out the following Tuesday.

2. yes the scripture for the plaque - Words of Mormon 1:7 is about doing the Lord's work because he knows your plan then yes.

3. I got the toms and the purse thank you! I can't remember what size they are, i will check tonight.

4. the language is HARD. I know poco Portuguese and only sobre de igreja de jesus cristo. I do have the door approach down though- nos somos missionarios da igreja de jesus cristo dos santos dos ultimos dias. Tenyo uma mensagem sobre de jesus cristo, podemos entrar?? That and praying I have down solid. other than that, IT'S HARD!!

5. The Irma's got a new schedule and no longer have the same meal times as us. Which means I am with Elders all day long. It's hard and sometimes lonely, but most of the time I love it. The Elders are great and besides them forgetting me a few times yesterday, they are pretty good babysitters.

6. Has Logan been reading my Book Of Mormon? Apparently he shared his testimony in seminary? do tell.

7. Logan should wear tank tops to school when it's hot. Or maybe just in the summer. They're pretty dope, Plus YOLO!!

8. Logan-APPLY TO ANYWHERE THAT WILL ACCEPT YOU. just find a job, don't be lazy.

9. We taught new "investigators" (elders) on Saturday. One of them was the same height, same eyes and same hair as Garrett. I hadn't cried yet in the MTC but he just looked too much like Garrett and I cried. sob story.,

10. The Elders love the food here. For the most part, it's fine.

11. I haven't gotten the shade dress, hopefully it's coming!! All my clothes are pretty comfortable, my danskos are working great. I bought a polish kit my first week here for the black ones.

12. Tell Megan Corkran she better write me soon. I'm offended.:-)

Last but definitely not least- I was having a rough day yesterday because the Irma's switched schedules. I went to get the mail last night and had a package waiting for me from Katie Webber. 6. cocoa bean cupcakes. I cannot begin to express how incredible it was to have them. I saved them until curfew, went to the residence hall and me and the Irma's cut each cupcake into 5 parts and ate them. It was MUITO MUITO BIEM. So good. I'm pretty sure we ate them in like 10 minutes flat and afterward we all laid on the floor and expressed how incredible they were. We all agreed it was better than cuddling with boys-probably pathetic. hahahah Please tell Katie she is INCREDIBLE for them. Also, I thought I wrote her back but I don't think i have the right address??

Love you all!
sister mad

Little more time to write-

You know Cory Black? He told me before i left that his mission was the closest to heaven he's felt, but also the closest to hell. I was so amazed how quickly i experienced that.

Anyways, the rest of the week went very well. The Irma's have all commented that i am taking not having a companion as a champ...to be honest, i am quite enjoying not having one!

We got a new district this past Wednesday so i am the famous sister because i don't have a companion and they all had their minds blown that that happens. So Friday morning I'm sitting next to an "Elder Cook" and I'm all "Elder Cook are you from Washington? and he's like...yes....and I'm like is your name Josh? and he's like no that's my brothers name and come to find out that its Alex Cook, the McRae's nephew. We sit together at meals every once and a while now and he seems like a very sweet elder. His companionship babysat me the other night and they didn't forget me once!! (which is impressive, my Elders forget me all the time).

I have a lot to tell you but no more time to write, I'll send a letter with stuff on Sister Ann Dibb's Relief Society talk on President Monson, Sister privileges and any other questions you have....dear elder me!

love you all,
sister mad

1 comment: