Hola!
Alright this is a fast note and I'll
hopefully get back on tonight.
My district left this morning-all six of them and I was just a little sad
putting the "solo sister" sticker on my badge. The Elders all told me last night
they would miss me lots and they wouldn't have any fun without silly Sister Sackley.
Sister missionaies are far more fortunate than I knew! I would love
it if I could get you to send a package of the following:
-my tan purse I contemplated bringing...the one that I've been using these
past few months-my green/olive tom's.
I will think of more by tonight, so don't sent it yet! Sister missionaires
are allowed and suggested in some areas to wear tom's! I would LOVE some new tom's...I'll have
to tell you later which color because I can't quite decide.
Last night we had quite a moment in the Sister's halls. First of all, about
half my floor was leaving this morning so everyone was up past curfew trying to
pack. I fell asleep around 11:30 and next thing I remember, a VERY LOUD alarm
started going off. We got little tickets yesterday that said we would be
participating in an earthquake drill and so we thought it was just that......and
then we went out to the hallways and the serillos (sisters from italy) were all
like VOCE VOCE!!! Which in portugese means "you" but in French means "GO GO GO"
So we all start running out of the building...long story short they have no idea
why the fire alarm went off, but there we were, half the sisters in the MTC in
the gym, waiting for the fire department to check it out while we sat and
waited. A few girls were like "oh my goodness if all our stuff burns down we're
dead!!" All in all, it
was a fun joke and we all laughed going back to bed around 1:45.
I have met a few people in the MTC I
know! Elder Friedman and I have the same gym time and although Sisters and
Elders can't run together, we pass each other a lot and he always says "hey
Sister Sackley!" There is a Sister missionary named Elise that use to come to
Girl's camp with us a long time ago...she's polynesian and way funny. I also ran
into an Elder with "Kahuku Football" on his shirt and stopped and talked to him.
His name was Elder Kaka and he grew up with Bula and Emosi. He says hello to all
Tanuvasa's! Elder Hokanson from my district's family is all from Star Valley,
but he's never heard of Bret Hokanson.....he's thinking they're some how related
though...
Gosh I feel like I'm forgetting something to tell you....argh.
Oh tell Megan and Maria that I bumped into Janelle (their old roommate)
during the fire alarm and I couldn't remember her name for the life of me.
Also, I can print your emails so it doesn't take up so much of my time.
Okay I had something I wanted to tell you and I can't remember. YOU CAN
SEND ME PHOTOS, I CAN'T SEND YOU THEM THOUGH.
Alright, tciao!!
madison
I REMEMBER! alright I never got your
email about taoete's facebook status.
and tell Sister Harris if you chat with her that
she's on my floor in the MTC. p.s. send me nail polish. Sisters are allowed. .... (as Logan would say -- #winning.)
No comments:
Post a Comment