Sunday, April 15, 2012

how I knew I was going (prologue)

The following series is merely for my own record. It'll probably be boring to you...and long. 




To be completely honest, because that is EXACTLY what this is about to be......
I never wanted to go on a mission. In fact, I thought girls who did go just couldn't get married. Or hated men for whatever reason. Or wanted to prove they were super righteous. Pick one of those three, or a combination and those were my very thoughts on girls going on missions. I don't know why, and it's not like the sisters that came to my area were super weird or anything....that's just how I felt.

And then well, this moment happened.  No, I didn't feel the need to preach the good word after Maria and Hekasauras were baptized. I met a Sister missionary named Sister Wagstaff. She had a degree, her own home and was working as a nurse when she decided to leave on a mission. This was impressive, definitely. But most importantly, the night Maria and Hek got baptized we all went to my house (there were a lot of people) and the amount of attractive men there was not lacking. At one point us girls were talking among ourselves and someone asked Wagstaff if the Sister missionaries were allowed to think boys were cute. Without missing a beat she responded:

"Our hearts are locked, but our eyes are open."


Yes, a small moment, however in that moment was when I realized...ohmygoodness not all Sister missionaries are crazy!!!

That was April 25, 2010.



mad

No comments:

Post a Comment