John Rowe Moyle
Hello Family,
Read the above while yawning and eating a cheeto. Yep, that is my life in this moment. I can´t lie, this past week was especially exhausting, with divisions and two conferences with a ton of Elders and then running around our area to try and make up the difference in the week. Saturday morning we were out the door early, and had already talked to at least 12 people when I realized I wasnt wearing a bra. Dont even worry about it, this type of behavior is totally normal in Brasil.
There is a story that almost everyone should know in the church. It is of John Rowe Moyle, a man who was called to be the stonecutter of the Salt Lake Temple. He lived in Alpine Utah, and every single week he walked the twenty something miles to get to the temple and work all week. Then late Friday night he would walk home the twenty miles to wake up the next morning and do all the house chores. He did this for twenty years until one day he suffered an incident that resulted in an amputated leg. After recovering from the incident, he made a wooden leg, and again, walked the 20 miles to fulfill his calling.
President loves this story. There is a short film about this man that I have seen numerous times here on the mission. The first time I saw it, i was with an annoying companion. The second time, a hard area. Its incredible that every time I see the video, I can connect it to my life in the certain moment and I feel so certain I know exactly what John Rowe Moyle felt. (or at least a bit). I thought this, until this past week when I, yet again, watched the video.
People. You have no idea how exhausting working with 28 women is. And then having to live 24/7 with another, and then having to work in an area and try to resolve all the problems that occur when you have the above task. Let it be known, PMS never ends with 28 women. And I am exhausted to the point of sleeping on the knight bus. We travel every week for hours and hours. And we get back to the area at the end of the week with a lot of things to get done. And sometimes our lunch falls through and we end up eating who knows what running around without a bra.
And sometimes I sit back and think what in the world am i doing talking to crying sisters at night about all their problems? why me? I had the best thought the other day as I sat and pondered these questions.
God doesnt call the strong, He makes us strong.
He doesnt call the unqualified either. And I can promise you, He isnt going to give up on you and go home halfway through the day. He works. Even as we are sleeping. The whole load your mother gave you about how the Holy Ghost goes to sleep at midnight? It isnt true. Because really, God is ready and awake the moment you want help. He waits for you and counts on your desires.
....and if all else fails, take my word for it and read yourself the Book of Mormon.
love you all!
sister mad
Pictures!
visiting sis pitfield.
the countdown until the world cup
nova lima hills
it's a miracle i didn't die. really.
chickens!
an old group of men in novam lima that want to be baptized-they all drank together. now they all sit and sip pop and read the book of mormon. old man book club is the best.











No comments:
Post a Comment