Tuesday, June 05, 2012

TUESDAY, June 5, 2012

Hello Family!

It's 4 o'clock in the morning and i am OF COURSE awake. don don dah!

Alright things this week:

I get my reassignment on Thursday! It's kind of weird because at this point, I could still be going to Brazil, or somewhere stateside. Either way i will leave Saturday, Monday or Tuesday these upcoming days. Crazy! I have this secret desire to get called to Pocatello Idaho or like south Salt Lake because how awesome would it be to serve somewhere totally (pathetic) COOL for a few months. So we'll see!

Things I would LOVE you to send me:

-any good quotes you can find about anything. Even movie quotes. I have a quote a day for my planner and am quickly running out of ideas.

-a jump rope. Like a good sturdy one that would last my whole mission. I need a way to easily get cardio in once I am in the field and I would LOVE a good jumprope.

-cute duct tape. Weird need but my journal is already falling apart a little at the edges because I take it everywhere and I'd love to wrap it up in something besides silver duct tape....maybe a colored duct tape from Target?

-Paradise cookies? :)

-Ice breaker mints (they don't sell them here and they're like the only thing we can have because as missionaries we aren't allowed to chew gum.)

-also if you're SUPER bored, there's a really awesome dress that's from downeast and it's red with little tiny bluish flowers? short sleeved and looks like t-shirt material. All sisters have it here and i totally love it.  Maybe you could look into it? or have Amanda buy it and I can pay whoever back for it? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

Alright that's all for now. I'll write later. Love you all!

Sister Mad.



(Later Today)
Alright amigos.
It is another week in ""spiritual prison" just kidding.  We love it here. Also my keyboard is pathetic this week. Bare with me.
I HAVE A COMPANION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay kind of. Her name is Sister Jessica Payton and she is from Provo. and I love her and she is awesome. The poor kid is dealing with me trying to remember what it''s like to be around girls. Everyone keep her in your prayers, once i leave for the field she is on her own for the next 6 weeks (We don''t expect any sisters for a while).
On the note of "the field" the visa has yet to arrive and so we are currently in limbo until Thursday night when they will give me travel plans. It''s the most annoying thing because at this point, they won''t even tell me if they submitted my name for reassignment. I could be in Brazil next week, I could be in the MTC for another week and I could be in some random area of America. All guesses are welcome, my personal guess is somewhere in California or Arizona (most of us head there for reassignments) however I have this secret desire to serve in the Boise Idaho mission. Because the people that get called there are probably really humble. Ha just kidding. The people that get called to Africa are humble. ANYWAYS.
Entou, I was having a ""Sister moment"" on Thursday afternoon in which i was just so annoyed with a lot of the Elders because well, they were acting like 19 year olds. I felt a little forgotten and a little upset about not getting the visa and I just wasn''t feeling a whole lot of love. I was writing in my journal about how I just was so over the feeling of having no one helping me out and having no one to rely on when I decided my attitude was bad and I needed to change it. I quickly picked up my scriptures, hoping to have one of those moments where you flip open to THE SCRIPTURE OF A LIFETIME. Instead I dropped them. Feeling completely pathetic at this point I knelt down and started crying when I realized my scriptures had fallen straight down and the only thing that came out of them was my little credit card sized photo of Christ with his arms stretched out. On the back side of this little photo was that cheesy poem ""footprints"". I read it, cried and then found a little note from Mallory talking about if I ever felt down that I should know everyone is cheering me on. And then I had this overwhelming feeling and I could feel every single little prayer anyone has offered on my behalf. So thank you, they are very much appreciated.
Alright now that I''m all emotional in the computer lab with tons of elders around I''ll tell you the funny stuff Logan wants to hear:
First off, Taza and Husband? You know her twin sisters and one is going on a mission? Well a girl from my ward in Rexburg got here on Wednesday and I saw her Wednesday night and was talking to her and gave her a hug and GUESS WHO HER COMPANION IS. Umm yep. Let it be known Sister Sackley had a little girl crush moment and Elders M and C totally witnessed it. I was all ""oh my gosh are you Naomi Davis' sister?"" and she started laughing and I was all "I love your sister''s blog."" And then I realized what a weirdo I am and how I have become everything I swore I wouldn''t. An awkward Sister missionary. yep. She was nice about it but seriously. The girl is a hipster and I see her everyday and we talk for a few minutes every time and I just want to be her.
I wanted the lyrics to ""leaving on a jet plane"" because it is our song we sing when someone from our zone leaves for the field. We all sing it to them as they get on the bus and then we say ""hey Elder, good day to be going to _______ right??"" It''s either Brazil or Africa and we all wish we could get on the bus and leave with them.
Another thing we like doing is talking about our grandiose plans for when we get off the missions. A lot of them involve marrying famous people or becoming the prophet (totally random things that are almost unachievable) and then after we all gush about our secret desires someone says "".........and then it was two years previously" Yes it''s totally dumb, but we really enjoy saying it and we all laugh every time.
Welp I only have one angel this week, and that is my substitute Sister Peterson. She went to Brazil on her mission, she''s been home for a year and a half, she''s way fun and she gives me hope that 18 months from now, I might be normal again. Oh wait! this Wednesday is 2 months!! I can''t believe it''s already been two months. The time flies by. So does the time on this computer. Also, sorry about the whole double quotes thing "" "" ""  It''s annoying me and I can''t fix it.
Hope all is well! I'll hopefully call this week about the reassignment...if I don''t it''s because I am here for another week.
Love you all,
sister mad.
XoxOxoxoxoxOXXOXO (big kees little hug......)
p.s. there is a couple going to Pete and Kelly''s mission I met yesterday. They were hoping I''d send a good word for them, the only problem is I can''t remember their names....I want to say it was like ""Raamp"" but thats wrong. They met in Hong Kong and the Sister said they went shopping together if that helps at all!

p.s. What are your Thursday and Friday night plans this week? What would be a good time to call Thursday?


No comments:

Post a Comment