Monday, May 23, 2011

a Raptor weekend

Monday's are horrible. does anyone else have that problem? 
literally I sat in my bed for a good 30 minutes before getting up this morning just wishing that time would either go forward faster or swing back to Friday night. I'd take either. But of course it didn't happen and I resulted in going through the Monday routine. At least we only have another hour till Tuesday right?

Sunday morning was excellent.  Since Rapture didn't occur, we decided to celebrate our imminent deaths not happening with a hike up "R" mountain for the sunrise. Not Sunday appropriate? I'd agree. Except the view was incredible and it was such a breathtaking moment to realize God has created so much beauty for us to behold. 

So we all (Blackwill + 213) woke up at the crack of 5am after going to bed around 1am and drove to "R" mountain for a "Raptor Rapture" Sunrise. 

Beautiful right?
Umm craziest part? The look-out we decided to stop at had a sign so ironic we all died of rapture: 

umm yeah. 
Did I mention I was the first up the mountain? Because I was. Cory would have beat me but he was having too much fun being a mountain goat...Anyways I made it up just fine...but getting down was another story. Steven led the way and we all went through ravines and the cliffs of insanity...

umm thank goodness we're Raptors and made it down without too much injury...although apparently Moriah fell a lot...
hahahahah love you moriah! 


mad

No comments:

Post a Comment