about everything in my life. Life is so stressful as of late.
I'm doing my homework and of course on facebook when my friend Hekasauras facebook chatted me.
she had to run to the library so instead, I ended up chatting with her non-mormon boyfriend:
ahhhh, so. basically lauren is my favourite.
just so you know. she's the best.
I've never met anyone quite like her.
I'm so happy I have.
okay. this could take a while. and you might have cuteness overload. I tend to do that.
but. first off, she's like the best friend ever. even before all this stuff, I could go to her with anything or for anything. she's the greatest friend anyone could ever ask for. and even still now, she's my best friend here, and the best friend I've ever had. I love spending time with her.
well duh
i could say that.
second. she radiates good feelings. everyone around her is ALWAYS having a good time. I know I am always happy when I with her, and I started to notice that everyone else was too. she's awesome. that's just such a wonderful quality to possess. I can always go to her when I'm not feeling as happy as I should. but I'll be honest, that hasn't been much since I found her.
third, she's incredibly accepting. I mean, I was kind of sold on her right away, but I was worried about the whole religious gap between us all. I just thought she wouldn't want to be with me because I wasn't mormon, because sorry for the generalization, that's usually the case.
but she's awesome about this difference in us. she doesn't care. and she loves me anyway. she loves me for me. for the first time in my life, I haven't had to change myself even in the slightest bit for someone to cling on to me. it's the most comforting thing ever, and part of the reason why I was able to fall in love with her so quickly.
yes i know.
i dont hang out with non members.
theyre stupid
she's not pressuring me to change at all, and that's the best. and because it's that way, I actually felt more open to goign with her to services. as you probably know, I've been to like three now. just to try it out. if something out there makes her that happy, it's got to be something real, and it's got to be something worth checking out.
and so that's what I'm doing. I want to find that same extreme happiness she has.
she's just awesome to be around.
honestly madison, I can't even begin to describe my feelings. I just tried, but the text will just never do justice to how I really feel.
hahahahaha
you know what's crazy?
well ok first how do you like church?
hahaha. well, it's definitely different.
but it's a much better feeling than my old church.
mormons are so nice.
and despite what people say, I don't feel the constant strive foro converting.
they're just trying to share something they love with people who they want to feel the same way.
it's laid back and just nice.
at least what I've felt so far.
and I've started reading the book of mormon.
I read the first ten chapters the other night. I've slacked the past few nights, but I'll get back to it.
yes that is long. sorry. but I couldn't cut out barely any of it. It made me think of just a few months ago when I started noticing these changes as well.
I hear often times people refer to the "light" mormons have. When the Jerusalem center began for BYU students, they were allowed in and church officials told officials they wouldn't try preaching to any of the people. But it wasn't the preaching they were worried about, but the light in the students eyes. People would surely begin to wonder why these American college students just seemed to radiate something.
but i tell you, it's something entirely different to see the light go on. To see it begin and get brighter and brighter.
No comments:
Post a Comment