Monday, November 01, 2010

a half marathon





indeed this is how to spend the rest of the Halloweens you will have in college.
srsly I loved every moment of the entire race.
Words can't describe how nervous both Kate and I were as we sat in the frigid cold tent waiting for a few hours before the race started...umm yeah. we were dying.

and then we talked to some nice women...one had a beard...and they told us to just go for it. So that was reassuring... and then low and behold as we wait at the starting line, I FOUND A DOLLAR BILL. yes indeed it was a lucky dollar bill so I carried it with me the entire race in my sports bra...the plan was to spend it before it got dry...but I might just save it for forever instead...

miles 1-4 took me an hour and 15 minutes. Possibly because I kept hearing my dad saying go slow go slow so I went way slow. And at the bottom of this huge hill I asked a lady for the time...and realized I was going a little tooo slow..hahhahaah

So then I waited in line to use the potty for a grand total of 25ish minutes...YEAH. I gave up and kept running when I realized I was still 10th in line.

miles 5-8 I didn't see the markers till seven. So that was grand. and I ate this weird power bar shot thing Kate gave me, and it didn't taste half bad!  Also, the trail was beautiful. Right past Bridal Vale falls and with the fall leaves everywhere? awesome.

miles 9-13.1 were funny. It was like...oh wow...I'm like...DONE!

and that was it. And it was awesome. You should do it next year with us. Done? Done.
Also, I might try going for a more intense outfit...and bring my camera.

1 comment: