Monday, September 06, 2010

summer wrap

as I sit here, in my best friend for eternity, Man's apartment, I must review the last few months of my life I'd like to call summer...let's be honest though, it was like april-september...geez.
  1. I was sick for the most of April and May...which was so completely awesome. Not. 
  2. This summer included many trips to the beach. Most weren't planned...until last second. Literally. One even was during church...yeah don't ask.
  3. I went to the Justin Bieber concert. For free. With Mallory, Maddie, McCall, Madeline and Mackenzie. Say that ten times fast.
  4. Spent time with Nash and Luke...just the two cutest twins you'll ever meet.
  5. Went hiking {not enough} through the Columbia River Gorge...{the prettiest place ever}
  6. Went tubing on my BFFE, Jack's boat...a lot throughout the summer
  7. Flew to AZ for my one and only freshman room girl, Lauren's wedding to Mr. Trav...and saw my beautiful 218 ladies again
  8. Fixed my life up...as in got rid of random people on facebook and donated half of my wardrobe to the homeless shelter..and my sister's closet.
  9. Toured Oregon through a tourist's perspective
  10. lost twenty pounds
  11. ate way way way too many paradise cafe cookies
  12. spent way way way too much money at Urban Outfitters
  13. learned a ton about who I am and where I want to go.
I've spent the past few days in Provo, Utah with my three best girls
we had a ball and a half and thrashed Man's apartment completely and fully. 

This is Lindon and Tyler. If privacy wasn't an issue, I'd tell you their full names. Because they have really really cool names. But anyways, Linny and Tyler lived in Portland for the summer selling Pest Control. We met them near the beginning of the summer and I do believe we have all been in love with these boys since day one. 


I just now realized I didn't have a photo of them..so I stole Tyler's. 

Anyways...We have been talking about relationships and friendships all weekend long. How to grow better ones, how to fix old ones, and most importantly how to not burn bridges. The other night, Tyler was talking about looking back on their summer in Portland. 
He said plain and simple that quite possibly one of the best parts about Oregon was meeting us girls. I couldn't agree more. These two boys pulled us through what could have been a horrific summer. 

And this is my latest and last conclusion of the summer: We're all here for each other. 
Life is all about making friendships and growing relationships with those around us. How in the world would we get through things without the comfortable shoulder of a friend or the reassuring note of a sibling? Life is about creating bridges between people. 

Thus my conclusion being: This summer was a success. I loved every minute, even the ones where I wanted so desperately to be back in the Burg. I loved the friends I met and the bond with old friends that grew stronger. 

Last, I can not wait to be in Rexburg tomorrow. I have quite the list of goals for the semester {stay tuned} and I'm so excited to get started!

love, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment