
I live in Birch Plaza which is right across from the stadium and it’s pretty good access to the school and everything around it without being too overbearing. Which I love.
I have been to Provo a few times-one of which I will tell now. We decided kind of a last minute ordeal to go to Utah for a day. Explore, go on adventures and just party for the day. So October 23, (Friday) we have the masquerade ball. Mandi Waggoner and I stayed behind to clean the house and get everything ready. About midnight they came home, we all got our bags packed and drove from about one in the morning to five-ish. (Mandi, Travis, Lauren, Jacob and I.) We got to Lauren’s sister’s apartment about 5 in the morning to her sister’s grumpy annoying roommates. I immediately I was thankful for mine. We get along quite well.
Around 5:30am we left and hiked the Y mountain in time to see the sunrise. It was about eight then and I called Megan Corkran to tell her we were there. We met up at the creamery on ninth and ate BYU Blue pancakes. (It was homecoming weekend). After pancakes with Megan we watched the parade for a little while and then went to the MTC.

Girls at the top!

Jacob is a man. That's all that can be said. He carried Lauren a little less than half the way up the mountain.


It was so beautiful!
We were at the MTC for just a few minutes and then headed off to downtown Provo. We window shopped and played with the leaves that had been built into a huge pile on the grass.



Then headed for Tucano's, a restaurant in which you go grab side bar stuff and then they walk around with big slabs of meat to just saw off of the big mass. I was full for like a week after! We went with Lauren’s sister, and all of Travis’ old missionary companions. It was really fun to watch how they all interact with each other. Jacob and I decided to drink as much water as we could, I ended up being quite close to SICK.


After lunch/dinner we went and dropped Jacob off for the night at his friend’s house. We then drove to the mall and shopped around for a long time. Travis and Lauren flirted THE WHOLE TIME so me and Mandi went to forever21 and talked about life and boys.

After the mall we went to the MTC to meet some of Travis’ friends. All of them were super funny! While we were there, some Samoan women came in, signed some form and then went into the MTC. Immediately I wanted to do whatever they did to be able to get in. We signed up to volunteer and off we were to “building 11”. As we walked Travis pointed things out and I couldn’t help but wonder how close my friends were. An elderly couple welcomed us in and directed us with packets as to what was needed and how we were suppose to act. We were golden investigators. Meaning we were to act excited, interested and wanting to learn more. We weren’t allowed to ask hard hard questions or argue with them, but follow along with them and “understand” what they were telling us like we were learning for the first time. It was so awesome! We were set up in these little rooms that looked like family rooms with everything including art work and little plants so it looked authentic. After reading over the packets Lauren and I sat and waited for them to come. They knock on the door and you have to let them in. You have small talk and visit for a few minutes and then they proceed with the discussion.

We were supposed to be a “Mr. and Mrs.” although I and Lauren are both girls so that was quite different. We talked about the BYU game that had happened that day and how they wanted to know the score. Then they spoke about the restoration. The entire time they spoke I couldn’t help but think of the boys I knew that were on their missions. It was such a powerful emotion and I began to tear up a few times. They left to talk to their leader after they were done and then came back again to teach us what they had messed up. It was incredible to be in the MTC and feel the spirit there. We walked slowly back with Mandi and a teary Travis to the office to speak with his friends again.
After the MTC we went our separate ways. I went to Megan’s and hung out with her and her roommates as well as Skylar until the end of the night. It was so much fun! I hadn’t slept in about 40 hours by the time I finally went to bed.
We met back up again the next morning and were back in Rexburg in no time. Such a fun adventure, can't wait to do it again!

No comments:
Post a Comment