Monday, May 06, 2013

MONDAY - May 6, 2013

Romans

Dear Blog Readers,

I have been known to be a little bold. Say things before i really think through what i am saying, and its too late to take back what i have said. And with this in mind, i have been reading Romans these past few weeks..and i am sure if you have ever read romans you would know...Paul is quite bold.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ-for it is the POWER of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth. To the Jew first and also the Brasillian.
-Romans 1:16

Have you ever said something and then after saying it realized how profound it was? We were teaching a very lonely, bitter, middle-aged man this past week. His wife and his children left him and last week was his birthday-his children didnt call, and he ended up spending the day in the bar alone. Talk about reorganizing what you want in life. And that is right about when the sister missionaries showed up at his house. We began discussing who we are, and why we are here on Earth and before I knew it the grown man was crying and telling me all about how he just didnt even know who he was anymore. How life had lost its meaning and that there was no way he could possibly find God right now because he had yet to find himself.

And thats when I told him that when you find God, you find yourself. 
It came from my mouth and we all sat quiet for a moment as I took a second to pause and think through what i had said. Quickly my mind ran through if i truly meant it. And then began a flash of all the places i have found God. I have found him in the streets, in the smiles of the old ladies sweeping, in the tallest tower in the middle of BH, in the most modest home made of cardboard, in teenage drug dealers and in lost middle-aged men. For me, I have found God. He is in Brasil. And you know what?
In the search of happiness and God and everything good, I have found myself. Knowing who God is, you know your divine role in the universe. And its a glorious incredible feeling to realize that literally YOU matter and that even if your children dont call on your birthday or your mother past away in your youth or you just feel ALONE, God-he knows you, and he loves you and when you find him-you will find yourself.

love you all, happy mothers day-call your mom!
sister mad

Pictures!!

showing off my cool blisters after wearing flip flops for the day (never doing that again), 
 
 
I paint my nails all day every day. my comp thinks I am crazy.
 
more often than not during personal study, I am lurking in the cupboards for something to eat-win. 
 
its our study area and i thought it was cool. 


another pair of 12 dollar sandals goes to the grave. 

things to write on my resume-can dismantle 626 cigarettes in only 30 minutes.
 
more dismantling cigarettes

No comments:

Post a Comment