The Cold American and a Happy Woman
Dear Blog Readers,
And here we are, another P-day in the mission and for the first time in a long time, I have almost nothing to say. Almost nothing.
So as i am sure you are quite aware, I am an American. Living in Brasil. With Brasillians. And if there is something that all brasillians agree on, it is the fact that we americans are cold. Cold hearted, insensitive beings that eat only hamburgers and milkshakes and french fries. I thought I had been exempt from this ubsurd myth that they have about us...that is until this past week when my new Brasillian District leader called.
I could tell he hadnt had a very good day by the tone of his voice, and he even mentioned the fact he had a blood blister on his foot...But sister mad was tired and hung up the phone before being sensitive. My companion (A brasillian) was uphauled. ``Sister you are so insensitive to people! Its so true Americans ARE cold!` And that is when sister Grangeiro began to train sister sackley to be more sensitive. So i called back the Elder and asked how his foot was. Turns out he didnt only have a blood blister, he also had recieved a Dear John from his fiancé....oops.
Thus began the week of sister sackley being more sensitive for EVERYONE. And low and behold, I have realized i AM insensitive. To the point of which we were discussing some sad things with an investigator and she looked at me, cocked her head to the side and said `do you always talk without emotion?`` Sister Mad is learning to be more sensitive, end of story.
I think one of the best parts about having to share a ward with Zone Leaders...or maybe the ONLY good part about sharing with them, is getting to know other investigators and other people they are teaching. Neide is an investigator they have been teaching for a LONG time, and every sunday I have gotten to get to know her and love her more and more. She is a single mother of three sons and she is living a very, very hard life. These past few months we have shared laughter and tears (i am sensitive sometimes!) and experiences with each other. This past sunday, Neide got baptized. And it was such a great moment to share with her. I was so excited for her to be baptized and for her to finally get to experience the love of the gospel as a member. Neide has a million reasons to be upset with a lot of things in her life-but watching her enter the water yesterday and then catching a few photos of her right after-it was as if all the tears, all the trials she had went through had been washed away. And holy cow was she happy.
and thats this sister´s super short show.
love you,
sister mad
Pictures!
that part of the show where sister sackley sends really attractive photos of herself.
sister grangeiro dared me to wear high heels all day...so i did. (for like two seconds)
a big moth that i almost stepped on sunday
what i do to the eggs in our house
Neide's baptism
No comments:
Post a Comment