an 11 month mark
Dear Blog Readers,
This past week we had a few miracles. Our little ward of 60 people here in Florença decided they wanted to be member missionaries. And so, with that being said, the ward was lit on fire and so were our planners. We were running all over the place, trying to get to know all the friends of all the members in the ward. It was crazy busy, crazy cold and I even fell and got all cut up (my legs are QUITE attractive after 17 months of running around in brasil).
Anyways, yesterday we had Sacrament meeting with 176 people. Our ward frequency is normally about 60 or 70. Elder Cruz from the seventy came to visit, as well as President. It was a sight to see I tell you-more investigators in the church building then members. With that being said, some people from the stake came to help out. I ran into a few members that i just LOVE from Lagoa, got to hug a few old friends and got the fabulous news that Eunice (Kelly´s mom) finally, for the first time, went through the temple. Do you remember that story?
As I sat on the stand on Sunday I had the realization that it won´t be for forever I get to sing hymns in Portugues. It wont be for forever I get to avoid men at all costs and greet the irmãs by kissing them on the cheek and go without shaving my legs for months and eat pão de queijo and açai daily, It isnt for forever I get to study the scriptures every morning, and go to sleep at 10:30. It isnt forever I get to wear a nametag. My emotions just kind of came over me in a big swooping wave that has yet to pass.
This morning during personal study, I came upon my journal entry from when I hit eleven months on the mission. I think its exactly how I feel since day one here in Brasil, and I think it will be how I feel, come October.
And then we hit that little eleven month mark with the year coming quickly, and I am left wondering how on earth I have come this far already?
For reals it´s like I just barely left the MTC and already we have hit the top of the hill and are coming down. I can not believe it has been eleven months. What excitement, and joy and pain and learning I have had these past months. Who could have ever guessed life could be found in missionary work?
Who would have ever known Brasil held life´s greatest treasures? It is an adventure that only God Himself could have chosen.
And I am here, eating watermelon and bananas, and TOMATOS and all sorts of things I never thought I would eat, and speaking a language I have never dreamed to speak, living in a ghetto apartment, walking through the favela at night.
And I am totally helplessly in love with my life. And I am okay with that.
I am okay with not knowing what is ahead, not being sure of what life will bring. Because as I have learned these past eleven months, walking God´s path is always a blessing and will always lead to where I need to go.
I can not say the smallest part which I feel.
love, sister mad.
Pictures!
zone conference
our awesome ward
the local police...
oh and dont worry about it, sister yamaguchi e sister sackley are being EATEN ALIVE BY MOSQUITOS HERE.
yep. if you didnt know yet, sister sackley as of a year ago is really scared of dogs.
also caic inviting random people on the road to go to church
also our cute little town
bugs!
sister yamaguchi has turned into sister anderson and sister sackley!!!
the legend of elder costa-a photo that is worth 3000 words.
i dont remember what they are called in english...toucons?-but i LOVE these birds, they are EVERYWHERE here in ribeirão and we love it.
that one day it rained
and i fell




















No comments:
Post a Comment