things just got a little bit crazier
dear blog readers,
After 6 weeks of pure agony (that is an understatement), I recieved a call from the President. The night before transfers. I was worried he was going to send me home early for lack of faith...or something. But instead, I recieved a new calling-sisters trainer
You might be confused. Werent you training sister grangeiro? Yes. Yes I was. So let me refer you to last october´s general conference in which every 19 year old girl and their mother decided to go on a mission. Because of the enormous amount of sisters getting to the mission field as of this year, the church has extended new callings to sister missionaries starting in June. There are now what we call ``sister trainers`` for missions that have and are recieveing a substantial amount of sister missionaries.
Sister Sackley...what does this mean?
It means that last tuesday night i packed my bags from contagem, threw away my unfaithful self and was in the rodoviária (bus stop in center) bright and early wednesday morning to meet up with my new companion, sister chaves. With sister trainers there is no senior or junior companion- (sister chaves goes home in july). We met with president, in which he opened the board of all the missionaries, told us a few secrets about a few things, and then we were sent off with the task to visit every companionship of sisters every 6 weeks. There are 11 companionships-all across Minas Gerais. We are incharge of training them, making sure all are doing what they are suppose to be doing, and being available for them for whatever type of problem they are experiencing.
So yes, this past week has been crazy. We are currently located (where all my bags are that is), in sete lagoas-a small city about 2 hours from BH. Since Wednesday we have gone to sete lagoas to drop everything off, went back to BH, then to a small city in BH, then to Contagem, then back to Sete Lagoas-arriving back home about midnight Friday. We wake up around 4:30 on travel days and go to sleep around 12. IT IS CRAZY BUSINESS.
And I have had the oppertunity to recieve a few calls this past week in which sister missionaries were crying on their end, telling me all about their problems. And let me tell you, it is a very surreal experience to hear their problems, and realize they are counting on you to resolve them. I feel like a parent. ``Sister, you are very, very tired. Say a prayer, and go to sleep-we will be there tomorrow morning to help you out.``
The craziest part of the whole thing? I get it now. I get why I needed 6 weeks of crying and being totally confused. I get why I needed Contagem. It was a very hard area, and it has become sagred ground for me now. It is so incredible how the Lord just KNOWS what he is doing. Nothing happens just because. He has a plan for everything you go through-so it is important to go through it. And learn from it.
Tomorrow morning we start again-we are waking up around 4 to travel back to BH for a zone leaders meeting (we are considered part of the leardership counsel now) and then on to contagem and a small city called Itauna-we expect to arrive back home late friday night...if everything goes as planned. Like I said, life just couldnt get more crazy. And I am loving every moment of it.
Love, Sister Mad
p.s. with only saturday, sunday and monday to be in our area, we are pulling on the strength of angels to take care of our investigators-AND YOUR PRAYERS. Pray for Jean? Seriously he is a little piece of a miracle.
Pictures!
MTC companion!
![]() |
| we are like ninjas and NEVER sleep these days. i am getting use to it. this was taken at like 4 in the morning as we were getting ready to travel again. |
the horrible horrible house of contagem (a nightmare i will wait until i am home to talk about)--[ratos mortis means dead rats]









No comments:
Post a Comment