thanksgiving-the one day a year that americans eat the amount Brasillians do everyday
Dear blog readers,
Happy Thanksgiving! If you ate all you eat for thanksgiving and for christmas all together in the same seating, you would have a brasillian lunch. Or at least the lunch i have become acustom to here in Minas. Although Brasillians do not have a day set aside for just eating and watching football, they do do these things almost every day. So while you sit in your thanksgiving coma, remember this is how sister sackley feels every day and then she walks up san franciso sized hills. perfect.
This week just might have been the best week of my life. Maybe. I feel a whole lot like Alma 26:16-I can not say the smallest part which I feel. To say the least, I have found happiness, it begins at the end of your comfort zone.
You wanna know why now right? You want to know why exactly sister sackley is dancing with unicorns and leprechauns in her mind. Unfortunately, you will have to wait until next week. Because I am quite positive next week will be better than today. What you can do though while you wait is pray for Claudia.
Claudia is a very, very special person. I have been praying to just MEET this woman since July. And four months of prayers were answered this past week. Pray she opens her heart and comes to know that this church is true. Pray that she can get work off on Sundays too. Oh, and pray for Deonita. (gee-on-it-ah). He needs prayers just as much as anyone else.
Enjoy thanksgiving, today I am thankful for Brasil, for beans, for a manga tree we found that gives PERFECT Mangas, for Maria and Ivan-two great people that were baptized this past week, and for the cockroach I found this morning in my shoe that was dead. Probably because the shoes smell real fab these days.
com carinho,
sister sackley.
(how many of you are now going to look up the word carinho?? )
(Pictures are included in next post!)
No comments:
Post a Comment