I know, I've failed at blogging as of lately. Buuut today is super busy, and I'm not going to try and catch you up just yet. Tonight, I leave for Eugene to see this:
be jealous. I have the cutest little cousins everrr.
And then I am off to the HEAT of Arizona!
To see these beautiful faces:
except Mandi :( and I'm kinda sad about that.
Lauren's wedding is this Friiiiday!!!
and now, it is my pleasure to present:
Lauren & Trav's relationship by Madison.
It began when Trav called Lauren "daisy girl" {which I'm pretty sure they will be naming a child that}. Soon after, they went on a date. And let's be real here. Lauren goes on TONS of dates. At this moment in time it was like 6 a week. No joke people. So us room girls were use to random men awkwardly coming to our apartment and asking for Lauren.
Except Travis was totally different.
We all somehow had connections with him...we knew old companions or kids he grew up with. And I will admit for the rest of the girls. Everyone loved Trav...except Lauren.
Trav experienced an epic night of 218 on their first date. {He took this photo}. And we all were swooned. And Lauren said "eh" and didn't even hug the poor boy goodnight.
We knew pretty soon that we wanted this "kidd" over all the time. And so he was. ALL THE TIME. Trav moved quickly into all our hearts. We even let him hang a corn dog, signed by him, in our front room. {yeah don't ask}.
In fact, we even convinced Trav to come with us to Provo. {After having to convince Lauren too}.
and I'm pretty sure that was the weekend Lauren started thinking...hey...He is kinda cool...
{Note, Lauren is dead below us.}
and we totes loved it.
And Lauren started loving it too. hehe. Well for Thanksgiving break, I drove to Boise with Trav and our buddy Brett. Between getting in Boise and my flight back to Portland, we partied. hard. I met Trav's family and knew pretty quickly Lauren would loveee them. and They'd probably love her more. There was even a moment in which Trav and I scrambled to the top of his house in the middle of the night and we talked for a while. And I knew, right then. He totally was falling in love with Lauren.
We then came home from the break and I remember Lauren looking up photos of Trav on the facebook and saying "ohmygoodness my boyfriend is soo hot!!" all the time. over and over again.
To make a loooong story short:
Lauren and I were the only two returning for the winter semester, and such, we were the only two in the apartment for the first couple of days. Lauren was still awake when I arrived super duper late on a cold cold cold night back in Rexburg. She had lots to tell me, she had met Trav's family and looooved them just as much as I thought she would. We began talking about all sorts of things and catching up, when she mentions Trav threw the "L" word at her over the break...
"Lauren...what'd you say back!?"
"I don't know! I've been praying about it...."
and then she just started what I'd like to call the "Lauren thinking talk" In which she talks to herself out loud...and it's just more like rambling then anything. So I proceed to read the letters I had gotten while I was at home.
{OH! note: at this moment in time, Lauren is washing her face, getting ready for bed, and I'm sitting on the ground reading my letters}. All of a sudden Lauren stops talking to herself and I look up and instead she's got this superfluous grin on her face...and she's just staring at herself in the mirror....
"Lauren.......?"
"OHMYGOONESSSSMADYSOOONILOVEEEEEHIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!"
cue cheesy music and us running up and down the apartment like crazy people. And Lauren just keeps saying it over and over and over "ohmygoodnessi LOVE him!!!!!" And it's almost four in the morning. And Lauren has to get up in a few hours to go show the new freshman around {with Trav} and instead of going to sleep, Lauren puts all her makeup back on, and we hike through the blistering cold to Trav's apartment to tell him.
...don't worry. I waited far away so I wouldn't be riiight there...that would be...awkward...
But it didn't matter. Because the minute she must've said it, I heard squeals of excitement from both parties.
and this is where this beautiful picture comes from. and they both think it's the most narsty photo. and it probably is. {I have EXCELLENT photography skills}. But I love it. Because it definitely captures the excited Lauren and half awake Trav to a "T."
and then they fell more and more in love. Trust me. I heard about it every night.
And then they decided to get married.
And so, just like normal people, Trav & me and the rest of our American Foundations class, picked out rings instead of listening. And I tried to figure out what Lauren wanted without her realizing what I was asking...Lauren is pretty oblivious...but it wasn't working too well.
and I guess I'm pretty oblivious too, because I had no idea he was proposing until a few hours before...and it was only by accident...someone congratulated him on our way to class.
So of course, being the good room mate I am, I went home and made sure Lauren looked hot.
and duh she did. It was a Tuesday. Tuesdays are the best of days.
and then they got engaged and this Friday, they'll be eternally linked together.
and I'm pretty sure neither of them can wait.
And I am so excited for them! But them getting married means no more:
just kidding. Lauren might be in Boise, but it's only 4...3...hours away.
Love you two!














Aw this is so cute! I'm a sucker for love stories.
ReplyDeleteCute presh! haha
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see all of you beautiful people! Tomorrow, tomorrow! :)
lol great story. My roommate could tell me Blake's and my story from an interesting point of view too!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness MAAAdison I love this. very cute. :)
ReplyDeletehaha, this was wonderful. thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI totally know what "Lauren thinking talk" is, and I can totally imagine/visualize(audiolize?) how she said "OHMYGOONESSSSMADYSOOONILOVEEEEEHIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!"
I'm so glad that you were able to keep Lauren happy while she was in Idaho, and especially take care of her.
I was worried that she would end up with a weirdo from Boise...
But instead, and you made sure of this, she found an incredible (not to mention sexy) MAN from Boise. ;)
Good job.