Thursday, July 26, 2012

WEDNESDAY, July 25, 2012

Querido Amigos, Familia e admirers,

Guess What?! I live in Brazil now. Or should I say Brasil.And our P-day is on Wednesdays always....not monday....so i will forever and always be on wednesdays now.
I miss my indians in america it was very strange to be leaving them-i never thought i would i guess. But the flights here came quick and I was not too tired although one of my legs was perma asleep. i just thought it was classy. anyways....Brazil customs went quick and then President and SIster Fortunato were there waiting all excited and huggy. Theyre very sweet and made me feel right at home. I totally love them already....even though she speaks broken english and he doesnt speak any....i will undetrstand them someday....

Little story-me and sister peterson from argentina were the two sisters that came yesterday. We were sent to a hotel room for the night and upon arrival I was VERY nervous. Sister ´Peterson speaks no english and the area the hotel was in would be equivalent to ghetto portland...if portland could be ghetto....anyways we had no phone and I was maybe freaking out a little...when we got to the lobby with president however, we opened up the doors (think creepy hotel) and then I heard sir bono´s voice. Even though they forgot something and left me and sister peterson for 45 minutes to wait, the lobby played just U2 the entire time we were down there and I felt right at home. Its incredible that i can be SO far away and yet, as we got into the hotel I felt right at home like heavenly father was telling me its alright, i got this!

So as for Brasil-Belo Horizonte is like San Francisco hills on steroids with more color and more beautiful people. I am loving it here and Istill have no idea what is going on. But it is great and i am hoping that my total lack of understanding changes someday. for now i am enjoying the complete 180 in lifestyle. for real brasil is NOTHING like america and its great. things i am so not use to yet-everyone is very close all the time. the elevators are tiny and we smash tons of people in there. I did not think elders and sisters could stand so close together but obviously i thought wrong. its very different here in that sense. My companions are from Gresham Oregon and Brazil. Yes I have two companions again. I guess when you don't get companions in the MTC they overload you with them in the field.

Also, I am a North American. Not american. I made that mistake yesterday and an elder from brazil was all ah I am an American too! Now read that again with your best nacho libre voice.

Advice for my sisters leaving for missions soon-I have now experienced stateside and out of country travel for missionaries. SO here is my advice-first, buy a moomoo...or mumu...whatever. not only are they super funny because cmon youre a sister missionary you might as well look frumpy, but they also take place of a robe and theyre great for sleeping in. and they dont take much room. Also on that note, stateside sisters HAVE A TON OF STUFF. Seriously. It is because they can-they travel by cars for transfers. However, out of state or at least brasil, you travel by bus for transfers. Having two suitcases is a joke. I am throwing out a lot today and hopefully i can narrow it down more. If i could do the whole shopping experience again i would first buy a big backpack suitcase to wear so i could easily have two suitcases.
Also I would buy EVERYTHING from D.I. I have met many sisters who only shopped there and they have way great stuff. Also, you get a ton on your mission. I have found things other sisters left as well as been given skirts and shirts. Do not buy anything expensive. it isnt worth it. Buy shoes at payless and then get inserts. I wish I didn~t buy two pairs of danskos. Also a few of you have asked-my grey mary janes are from nordstrom rack and they are danskos. They are the ones i would keep. Also, if you wont wear it at home you will not wear it on the mission. Buy lots of scarves and lots of just plain tops you can accessorize....wrong spelling but you get the póint.

This computer is messing with my mind. Desculpe.

My new address is-

Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission
R Sáo Paulo, 1781 10 AndaR
Ed. 17 de Moaio-Sala 1001 Lourdes
30170-132 Belo Horizonte_MG
BRASIL


Umm yes its the longest address ever.

Love you all!

sister Sackley




No comments:

Post a Comment