(for a week I should say....)
I went to Texas (Tejas) for a week a while back to babysit for my aunt and uncle while they went to Hawaii.
I decided it would be my own little experiment. If I can survive a whole week with four kids by myself, for sure some day in the future I can have six kids with a husband.
Things learned that week:
1. You will change a lot of poopy diapers.
2. Little kids take everything literally. So when you say something like "The missionaries are smoking!!" They will think they're smoking cigarettes. Not smoking hot.
3. If you want to leave the house on time, you should begin preparing to leave at least a half hour before.
4. Sometimes you should just let them have it their way.
5. Nap time must never be missed.
6. Always turn off the alarm system first thing in the morning.
7. "Once Upon a Time" stories need to have at least one mythical creature and the main character has to be the child you are telling the story to.
8. Bath time is the best time.
9. So is bedtime.
10. Although there were moments, mostly kids are awesome.
Also, hats off to single parents. Seriously I had no idea until this past week.
And yes, I still want six kids.
mad

No comments:
Post a Comment